FREDERICK, Md. – The Frederick Community College baseball team recorded their sixth win in a row as they defeated the Raptors from Montgomery College by the score of 12-2 in seven innings. With the victory, FCC sits at 25-7 on the year, including 6-4 in conference play.
Can't beat fun at the ol' ballpark. What a gorgeous day for some baseball. FCC starting pitcher Kyle Raubenstine (7 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 4 Ks) set the tone early and was in complete command the entire game. Raubenstine carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning before giving up two runs to the Raptors. He would pick up the win on the mound and remains a perfect 5-0 on the season.
FCC bats were as hot as the temperature today! The Cougars pounded out 16 hits, including three round-trippers by Thomas Gonzalez (2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI), Tyler Robinson (1-1, HR 1 RBI), and Brady Harju (2-for-3, HR, 2 BB, 4 RBI). "Gonzo" and Robinson went back-to-back in the seventh, followed by Harju's blast to end the game!
Leadoff man Maciah Thomas had a solid day at the dish going 3-for-4 while scoring two runs. Teammate Ryan Capstick also tallied three hits on the day, including two doubles as he continue to heat up for the Cougars. Jett Manning went 2-for-3 (3B) and stole his 22nd and 23rd base on the year!
- Game: Frederick Community College def. Montgomery College 12-2 (7 innings)
- Records: FCC Overall: 25-7, Conference: 6-4 | Montgomery College Overall:16-16, Conference: 6-8
- Location: Frederick Community College | Frederick, Maryland
- Jett Manning runs his way into FCC Record Books! FCC SS Jett Manning stole two bases in the win over the Raptors and is now the single-season record holder for stolen bases at FCC. Congrats Jett!
- Brady Harju has 10 hits in last 21 trips to the plate.
- The Cougars are winners of six straight!
- During six game winning streak, FCC has outscored opponents 48-10!
- HRs 2016: 21, HRs 2017: 25
The Cougars will host Allegany College of Maryland on Wednesday (4/12) afternoon in a single nine inning contest. First pitch is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.
Follow the Cougars on Twitter (@CougarPrideFCC) and become a fan on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CougarPrideFCC/) for all the latest FCC Athletics news.