Wye Mills, Maryland – The Frederick Community College men's soccer team looked to bounce back after their first loss on Saturday. The Cougars wasted little time getting on the scoreboard scoring the first goal of the game in the first minute of play. A total of five different players found the back of the net in the win. FCC sits at 7-1 (6-0 MD JUCO) on the season. The Skipjacks fall to 1-7 overall.
How It Happened
- Chris Manful scored four goals and tallied two assists.
- Luis Alanis remains hot for the Cougars scoring four goals and dishing out three assists.
- Gabe Catone-Highfield knocked in two goals and registered two assists.
- Emmanuel Agyei recorded two goals and two assists.
- Ahmed Elmatoui got in on the scoring action, netting a single goal in the win.
FCC will return to the pitch on 9/26 for a crucial matchup against Prince George's CC. The game will be played at FCC with a start time of 4:30 P.M
Here's what they had to say!
"We usually don't start off first halves strong, but we high-pressed so strong, we scored in 46 seconds. We started moving the ball then next thing you know the ball was in the back of the net again. We just kept possessions, but the most important thing was the clean sheet and we had fun." Chris Manful
"The game was very interesting and great preparation for our clash on Thursday (PGCC). We all played with confidence as a team and I'm glad most of the boys got on the board. I'm confident this momentum will help us win the battle of the undefeated (in conference play) on Thursday." Luis Alanis