Photo By: Duncan Slade
Women's Soccer Score: Frederick Community College 3, Hagerstown Community College 0
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Records: Frederick Community College (5-3 overall, 4-2 MD JUCO) | Hagerstown Community College (3-6 overall, 2-6 MD JUCO)
Short Story: The Frederick Community College women's soccer team squared off against the Hawks from Hagerstown CC on Tuesday afternoon in a crucial MD JUCO & Division matchup. FCC defeated the Hawks, 3-0. The Cougars are playing their best soccer at the most important time of the year!
- Lindsey Brant continues to dazzle on offense as she scored two more goals in today's victory. She now has 15 goals on the season.
- Kelsey Wright posted a goal in the victory.
- Alicia Coats and Tristen Meyer each recorded an assist.
- Credit goalkeeper Amanda Guimond who recorded nine saves to preserve the shutout.
- FCC is riding a four game win streak.
- During the four game winning streak, the Cougars have outscored their opponents 27-5.
- The Cougars rank No. 15 in goals per game (5.0) in NJCAA DI.
"Game was hard fought and one that was won in the middle of the field today. Our centers really controlled the game and dictated the pace. I was pleased to see how well we did on team defense, especially the backline. I was ecstatic that we were able to hold off Hagerstown's and get our fifth victory of the season." FCC Head Coach, Joachim Walker