CATONSVILLE, Md. - The Frederick Community College women's soccer team lost to No. 18 Harford Community College in Region XX DI Tourney semifinal action by the score of 4-1 on Thursday afternoon. The Fighting Owls (12-2 overall) advance to the Region XX D1 championship game on Saturday vs. the winner of CCBC Essex/Montgomery College. The championship game will start at 11:00 A.M. at CCBC Catonsville.
- Harford jumped on the scoreboard first with a goal by Rachel Bohli at the 7:59 mark.
- Bohli would continue to be a force for the Fighting Owls as she netted her second and third goal in the first half, putting Harford up, 3-0. With the hat trick, Bohli now has 21 goals on the season.
- At the 28:58 mark in the first half, Lindsey Brant would find the back of the net to put the Cougars on the board. Credit Madison Sorrell on the assist to Brant.
- The Fighting Owls would tack another goal on in the second half to earn the victory, 4-1 over the Cougars.
- Major props to first year Head Coach, Joachim Walker and the FCC women's soccer team. The Cougars finished the season with an overall record of 6-4 (4-2 MD JUCO)!
- FCC had a number of highlights this season and the future is bright! A shining moment this season was the 6-5 thrilling victory over Howard CC on October 9th. At the time, the Dragons were in first place of the MD JUCO conference. A great team win!
- Freshman Lindsey Brant finished the season with a remarkable 18 goals. Teammate Madison Sorrell turned in a solid season as well, scoring 13 goals and dishing out nine assists.
- The Cougars finished the season currently ranked #17 in NJCAA DI goals scored per game (4.70).