FREDERICK, Maryland – A record-setting day on the pitch for FCC's Lindsey Brant. The sophomore standout found the back of the net four times in the 6-0 win over Penn State Mont Alto on Saturday afternoon. For Brant, she shatters her own record from last year as the single season leader for FCC women's soccer as the leader in goals. Brant scored a total of 18 goals last season and currently has 21 on the year. In her career, she has scored 39 goals and recorded 87 points. Congrats to Lindsey.
- The Cougars scored their first goal in the 24th minute to take the early 1-0 lead. It was the dynamic duo made up of Ally Pick to Lindsey Brant for the score.
- Brant would find the back of the net again in the 28th minute with the assist from Alexis Gagnon.
- In the 31st minute, Jasmine Lara would score to make the lead 3-0. Credit Brant with the assist.
- The Cougars would increase their lead to 4-0 in the 42nd minute on a goal from Gemma Carioti with the feed from Gagnon.
- Brant would increase the lead to 5-0 just before the half with her third goal of the half.
- In the second half, the Cougars would tack on one more goal as Brant would score her fourth goal of the game.
- Credit the FCC defenders on a solid game. The Nittany Lions had just one shot the entire game. FCC goalies Halle Houck and Mahala Sawyers continue to shine in goal.
- Alexis Gagnon and Ally Pick finished the game with two assists each.
- Sincere thank you to the Frederick High soccer team for coming out to root the Cougars on to victory. Loudest cheer came when Frederick High Alum Jasmine Lara found the back of the net.
- FCC sits at 5-1 on the season, including a record of 1-1 in conference play.
FCC will hit the road on 9/17 to battle the Cardinals from CCBC Catonsville. Start time is 4:00 PM.
NJCAA D1 National Leaderboard Update
Goals: Brant- 21 - Ranked No. 1
Shots: Brant- 65 – Ranked No. 1
Points: Brant- 46 – Ranked No. 1
Assists: Pick- 12 – Ranked No. 1