FREDERICK, Md. - Frederick Community College and Region XX have revised their guidelines for spectators at outdoor home athletic contests. Beginning on April 10th, spectators will be permitted at FCC athletic events. The guidelines listed below must be followed by all spectators. Spectators are subject to removal if guidelines are not followed. Frederick Community College and Region XX thank you for your support and cooperation. The following guidelines must be followed:
- Spectators are allowed at outside events, they will not have access to student-athletes during the competition. Social distancing and masking should be practiced throughout the entire event.
- FCC will follow all local and state guidelines on the permissible size of outdoor gatherings
- Institutions can mutually agree not to allow spectators at certain games/events so that schools that cannot participate if the host institution allows fans can cancel the game without penalty
- Those in attendance will be restricted from close contact with all student-athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, and administrators/personnel and are not permitted on the playing surfaces at any time.
- At the conclusion of the competition, guests will depart from the facility
- Social gatherings or tailgating, either pre-or post-game, are not permitted
- Student-athletes and staff only areas must be maintained per the following:
- Dugout to dugout for baseball and softball fields – fans will not be allowed to sit behind home plate
For the latest information on each of FCC's seven intercollegiate athletic teams, visit fccathletics.com or follow the Cougars on Facebook (Frederick Community College Athletics), Twitter (@CougarPrideFCC), and Instagram (fccathletics).