The FCC Athletic Department promotes the academic and athletic growth of student-athletics by offering opportunities to participate at a competitive level as a part of a balanced intercollegiate program. We serve the community by offering camps, clinics, and partnerships with outside groups. The department operates under the highest standard of integrity, equality, and sportsmanship.
Frederick Community College aspires to be the premier institution in the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference (MD JUCO) and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), with a reputation for excellence, both academically and athletically.
To Accomplish This, The Cougar Athletics Department Will Commit To...
- Promoting student-athlete welfare, ethical conduct, equal opportunity, and fiscal and social responsibility among all student-athletes, coaching staffs, and administrators.
- Actively developing student-athlete life skills for success in the classroom, on the campus, and in the Frederick County community.
- Encouraging athletic excellence characterized by discipline, sportsmanship, and continuous personal growth.
- Integrity- Act with integrity and personal accountability.
- Education- Educate each student-athlete with quality academic, competitive, leadership and social experiences to build a sense of responsibility and foster an appreciation for life-long learning.
- People- Keep the well-being of our student-athletes, coaches and staff at the core of every decision.
- Excellence- Excel in performance, achievement and servant leadership.
- Respect- Celebrate a climate of mutual respect and diversity by recognizing each individual’s contribution to the team.
- Community- Enhance the lives of those in our college, city, and state communities by helping and paying forward to others.
- Tradition- Build upon our traditions which have been developed throughout proud Cougar history.
Frederick Community College is a member of the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference (MD JUCO) and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).